My name is Loan Thach and I photograph people.
People fascinate me. They have the power to transform before your eyes and I think it's pretty magical.
My hope and goal is to create images that inspire positive conversations and actions in each of my subjects. I hope they are not the same after the photos are delivered. I hope they see a part of themselves that rarely gets to see the light of day. I hope that their self opinion is elevated in a meaningful way. And I hope that they live a better existence because of it.
P.S. In case that's too serious, here's a list of things that make me happy or super blissed out:
- Seeing movies at the theatres
- Spelling "theatre" instead of "theater"
- Trying something new
- Lifting weights
- Mysore Yoga
- Boarding a plane
- Lanakai Beach
- Humid summer nights
- Slumber parties
- Goi Ga (Vietnamese chicken salad)
- Hanging out with my best friend
- A trip to Whole Foods
- Solo road trips
- Long drives
- Honey Greek Yogurt from Trader Joe's
- Southern California
- Northern California
- the South of France
- Reading non-fiction material (psychology, Myers Briggs, fashion articles, tech news, branding, memoirs, self development, relationships, etc.)